Diary Entry, Diary writing, Format, Example, Questions
Jump ahead to:
A diary is a record of personal events. An individual often related what he has personally undergone within his diary or memories which is a record keeper of all the events of his life. A diary also helps often in preserving memories. By reading a person’s diary, we can come to learn a lot about his individual traits, his likes, and dislikes as well as his mode of life. Therefore, it should be kept safely. By writing a diary, we may learn a lot about ourselves as well. Maintaining a journal or a diary helps us to clarify our ideas and allows us to write about our achievements as well as ideas.
What is a diary entry?
A diary is a record of personal events.
How to write a diary?
Some Simple Steps for Writing Diary
- Write the time and date in case you want to refer to the entry you have made.
- Write the content in your own unique style that your personal taste. You may write about your own feelings or about events, conveying facts, information, ideas, advice, etc.
- The diary should be taken as alive and as a platform for our thoughts and feelings.
- The diary should be taken as alive as a platform for our thoughts and feelings.
- Make your entries honestly and truthfully, don’t lie to yourself.
- We must close the diary with our name or signature.
Things to remember:
- Make your diary entry in the right format.
- Let the tone be informal or semi-formal depending on the topic-matter included.
- Express your feelings, opinions and emotions on the topics asked/people/places/events.
How to write Diary entry format
Salutation (Dear Diary/Hello Diary)
Signature / Name of the writer
Here you have Example of diary entry format with example. If you want more examples for different classes or grades. click on links given after Ist paragraph.
Your summer holidays are going to begin. Write a diary entry about your plan for the holidays.
|Monday, 27th May 20xx 9:30 pm
Today, my summer holidays have begun. I have some plans for summer vacation. I’m planning to go to a wildlife sanctuary and for boating in a lake. I just don’t want to spend a single moment idly and definitely want to enjoy every bit of these holidays.
Last year, I did not plan my vacations, but this year, I will do everything to make them interesting. I now need to go. I’m excited and eagerly looking forward to my holidays.
You are Preeti. Writes an entry about Arianna’s birthday party how excited you are about it.
|Sunday, 13th June 20xx 8:00 pm
It’s Arianna’s birthday today. She has invited me to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. She has also invited some other close friends. I am looking forward to meeting them and indulge in a bit of gossip. I have also thought about presenting Arena with a wristwatch. Today, my happiness knows no bounds as I’ll meet some of my old friends. I still need to decide what to wear for the occasion.
- Write a diary entry in 80-100 words about winning a quiz. Share your emotions with your diary.
- Write a diary entry 80-100 words about an exciting day you spent today. You watched a movie, went to a diary entry in 80-words expressing your friends.
- Write a diary entry in 80-100 words expressing your feeling of getting an award for ‘The Best Student in School.’
- You visited the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort along with your friends and teacher. Write a diary entry in 80-100 words describing the visit.
Diary entry topics pdfDiary entry topics for class 8