Diary entry for class 9
Jump ahead to:
Definition: Diary entry is a personal note, a way of keeping a record of what happened or what you felt. People make entries of their day’s activities, opinions or experience in their diary.
In this age of blogs and social media postings, diaries still are in trend. A diary is a friend, a confidant and a comforter during a challenging period. Diary becomes your closets friend as it allows you to be completely honest and doesn’t disclose your feelings to others. It has been providing researches that writing about feelings honestly helps the brain and record your emotions, both positive and negative.
- Mention the day, date and team on the top left-hand side.
- Write the diary in first-person sharing your personal experience.
- Try to write in a realistic way as you are not writing to impress anybody else. It is meant to nurture your creativity. It helps you to give an outlet to such feelings which you are not able to confide in your friends or family.
- Begin the entry with a general sentence describing the day or momentary feelings. Discuss the events and your feelings in the body. Conclude with the final remark and future course of action.
- Mention the writer’s name in the need, on the left-hand side.
- Use simple past, present perfect and future tense according to the description of the event.
Diary entry format
This is the format of diary entry for class 9.
Salutation (Dear Diary)
Signature/ Name of The writer
Diary entry Example for class 9
Diary entry on independence day
Here is an example of diary entry for class 9
Today you celebrate independence Day at your school. But you are not satisfied with the attitude of people towards freedom. They consider that they are free to spoil the country and solid its image. Write a diary entry expressing your feelings.
|Friday 15th August, 20xx
Today I’m just pandering over the condition of India. We are about to complete 70 years of independence. But where have we reached? Every year we commemorate the sacrifices made by our freedom fighters on this pious national festival, wave flags, sing patriotic songs and show off our patriotism by posting patriotic images on social media and the very next day we discard those flags in the drains. When I see the heaps of garbage everywhere, small kids working as child labourers, people dying because of lack of food or medical treatment, discriminating against women, I feel ashamed of myself. Is it what we wanted?
Actually, we are taking our freedom for granted. We have lots of expectations from our country but we forget about our duties. We need to develop a sense of belongingness. Patriotism should be displayed in our acts rather than in profile photos. Today I’ve decided that I will give my contribution to the development of my motherland. Even small actions count. I will teach the poor kids in my neighbourhood. I charge of cleanliness monitor in class. I know, I’ll be teased for it too. But I won’t get annoyed. Someday, others will also follow me. If every person takes it as a challenge, no one can stop India from being the superpower. Don’t agree with me?
Some topics for diary entry for class 9
Here you have some topics or worksheet for class 9
- You saved a bird by giving it first-aid. Now the birds are out of danger. Write a diary entry expressing your feelings in about 100-200 words.
- Today you woke up late, reached school very late a got badly scolded. Write a diary entry describing how you felt and what will you do in the future to avoid such conditions.
- You went to the ‘Kingdom of Dreams’ for the first time. It was a marvellous experience. Share it with your diary describing what you saw and how you enjoyed it there with your friends.
Diary entry pdfDiary entry for class 9
Download pdf. (674 downloads)
Hope this article helpful for you!
If have any questions or query comment below we are always waiting for queries.